Reuse V Recycling
Reuse is often confused with recycling, but they are really quite diﬀerent. (Even those engaged in reuse frequently refer to it as recycling).
- Reuse advances source reduction
- Reuse reduces the strain on valuable resources, such as fuel, forests and water supplies, and helps safeguard wildlife habitats
- Reuse creates less air and water pollution than making a new item or recycling
- Reuse generates new business and employment opportunities for both small entrepeneurs and large enterprises
- Reuse creates an aﬀordable supply of goods that are often of excellent quality